Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Things move fast....Real Fast

We all know God moves in mysterious ways
….Little did I know they would move so fast.

No fewer than 4 people in 2 days mentioned VA (Veterans Affairs) as a possible source of help with the medical bills piling up. I went to see if there was a possibility of their help by going to their Roanoke office and their medical center Monday. Uncle Sam said they could help, but I had to go thru them, so I am now in their system, and was waiting for an appt with a primary care physician (can you say ‘hurry up and wait?!!’). Bummer, because I had already gone thru so much of the process with UVA Hospital. Yes, the VA (Veterans Affairs) and UVA (University of Virginia) are different. Then, Dr. Ghazi (UVA) called to tell me surgery was scheduled. Dreading his response, I told him that in order to get help, I had to go thru the VA. No problem, he said. He did residency with them last year!!! The VA hospital does not do this specialized surgery- they refer out to….Guess who…..UVA - Dr. Ghazi. WOW! So I end up with UVA anyway- and none of this has been a waste of time. Not only that, but since Dr. Ghazi used to work at the VA, he got me in to see the dr there quickly to get things going in a more timely fashion. Now I have an appointment for Friday (in 2 days) and all things are set so I can have surgery on the 24th ( in 9 days). All this happened in 2 hours. Guinness called me to verify the time because the VA has never worked this fast before… (I know bad joke!) So anyway, all things are good. I get the radiation plaque from UVA on Friday, Aug. 24th (removed Aug 29th), and the VA will help pay for it. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter