Spring Break brings Blessings
WOW! Just when we think things are bad God takes control and shocks us. 2 friends came to visit, one from Ohio and one from Hopkinsville. SO on Saturday night we decided that we would give the friend from Ohio a shorter drive and we would take the other to Hopkinsville and maybe visit for a bit(just one day was the plan important note for the rest of the story). So Monday we left together and drove to Knoxville, TN to then separate and the one friend would go north from there to Ohio. Well, we did part ways and on the way to dinner the van started to make some really bad sounds. Called a friend who is a mechanic in Hopkinsville, the short of it is he said to pull over and the only way we would make it to Hopkinsville would be the "hand of God"(remember this too) We stopped at an auto parts store to check out other options that our friend said may have been possible. Had a couple of people try to help and finally found some one to put on the new belt to bypass the AC clutch (the problem part)to continue on the journey. When I came back from the ATM to get money I was told it wasn't going to work. BUT he said things were not too bad and that we could make it where we were going. OK- so with a prayer and hope we got back on the road. Pulled into Hopkinsville around 1 am and parked and went to sleep. The next morning the van wouldn't start, but we had made it. So I got a car, and drove to Pro exhaust to get things fixed. I walked in saying 'behold the hand of God'. They were amazed we made it. We got the van towed and had friends help with sleeping and cars. Again we planed to leave Tuesday. Today is Thursday. So with hardly any clothes or preparation we made it. Got to see a lot of friends last night at church and went to sleep last night hoping the van would be fixed and we could leave. This morning I went to the shop to find out what was up. They said they were trying to get hold of me. The van was fixed. Now was the scare of how much. She said $45. I was like "no way" so I went to see the owner. He and the suppliers had pity on us. The supplier donated the parts and the shop donated the labor. Great is Our GOD. I thanked the owner and tried not to cry. I am so amazed how God works. The bill should have been over 600 dollars- and by the way, the owner also took care of the tow. The van was fixed for free. Praise God and thanks to the supplier and Bob. May God bless you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home