Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A new old van


Well a friend provided the finances and the government provided the van. It is an incredible story for sure. We found a GSA(Government) vehicle auction with 14 vans due to be bided on. From what we had seen before the average was 5 vans. We felt this was an opportunity to be exposed to the vehicle auctions. So I got ready to drive to Maryland (6 hours) to look for a van. A friend of ours gave me cash to take up with me to purchase if the opportunity showed itself. I was to leave Monday afternoon. Sunday night my parents let us know they were going to be in town. So my Dad went with me to the auction. After getting our plans right we went and walked around the lot looking at vans. 15 passenger vans to be specific. After making notes on all the vans we saw we got ready for the craziness. It was interesting. It was fast. It was raining. The vans started in and the first ones went for higher money than I had with me. I began to feel like we weren't going to buy a van that day. I was ok with it. Well I went outside to see the next van and looking at my list I saw that this van was crossed out. It wouldn't start, but was running now. I looked over it quick and liked the extras and It looked good and the wheels were good. I went back inside and waited for the bidding to start. Well it went fast but slowed down near what I could afford. Back and forth with 3 people then there was a lull. He was calling the amount I had on me. There was a pause so I lifted my hand. Expecting it to go higher I waited just knowing that someone was going to bid higher. They didn't. "SOLD NUMBER 46" My father looked at me and asked if that was me. I looked at my number on my shirt and it was. We bought a new van. 2001 Chevy Express 15 passenger. Good condition. We are very happy. We got it home last weekend and things are great with it. God has taken care of us again. Thanks to all who prayed for us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! What a Blessing!!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter