Monday, July 03, 2006

Guy with Hair and me without..


SO July 2nd Thomas Road Baptist Church had a celebration of their 50th anniversary and the moving into the new 6,000 seat sanctuary. WOW. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to go celebrate with them, being part of the Liberty family of things and all now. So we as a Family went to church there on Sunday. It was incredible. Charles Billingsly and Guy Penrod were there. The music was incredible and they had some very touching and sentimental things for the Falwells and family. If you get the chance to see it on TV, We had to sit on the stage on the left behind the deaf interpeter ( on the right of the viewers, but stage left). After the service they had a big celebration for the anniversay as well as Independance Day and fireworks. Guy Penrod was one of the performers and I got to see him, Thus the picture. You see, Dale, one of our friends from Hillcrest choir called me 'Guy' because I had long hair and sang in choir. You see me telling him about that in this picture, and that I had to chop off my hair to attend Liberty. He told me not to worry- once I'm done I can grow it out like he did (Guy is Liberty alumni). It was very nice and incredible to witness the celebration of the ministry of Dr. Falwell. Here is the link to Thomas Road Church. There are pictures of the building .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter